Imperial capital of ottoman
Private Street Photography Tour
Designed by a photographer for photography lovers
ISTANBUL PHOTO TOURS
Istanbul Photo Tours usually start in Sultanahmet Hippodrome. Before hitting to the streets of Istanbul, we will visit a nice cafe with a great view and chat to get to know each other while having our Turkish tea. In the meantime, if required, I will give you instructions how to use your camera and will talk about basic features of your camera or answer any questions you have regarding using your camera, menus and buttons etc.. After getting first tips we will start walking & shooting along the old Divan Yolu (the ‘Road to the Imperial Council’) towards Kapalıçarşı (Covered Bazaar or aka Grand Bazaar). Before arriving Kapalı Çarşı, we will take a quick look to Çorlulu Ali Pasa Medresesi in Çemberlitaş (The Column of Constantine or aka Burnt Column) district. Çorlulu Ali Paşa Medresesi, which is a hookah cafe now was a school and dervish lodge during the Ottoman times. For more information and other route options please check Location Options below.
ABOUT Istanbul Photo Tour
Street photography is a wonderful craft, and this workshop will be helpful for those who want improve their street photography and experience another culture! Istanbul Photo Tours are designed for those who are willing to turn their snapshots into great shots. As an accomplished internationl assignment photographer based in Istanbul, I lead Istanbul Photo Tours where we wander around the narrow streets of this ancient city and experience the daily life. I run Istanbul photo tours in a friendly atmosphere where you will feel like you are walking around with a friend rather than a guide of a tour company. If you like to learn what previous participants experienced, please checkout the reviews in Tripadvisor.
Who This Tour Is For
Istanbul Photo Tours are by default, a 1-to1 private photo walking tour which usually takes 4-5 hours with instructions from a professional local photographer. You are welcome to get in touch and discuss with me what your purpose and expectations in participating Istanbul Photo Tour. Although this is a private photo tour, if you are a group of people and want to participate as a group please get in touch with me.
All you need is Passion
What You Will Learn
The emphasis of Istanbul Photo Tours are the workshop will be on practical instruction on the streets of Istanbul. You will receive hands-on instruction and guidance from myself. During the workshop you will not only get the chance to shoot street photography, but you will do so in an environment that is unfamiliar to you. you will not only capture images you can be proud of, but also interact with the people of Istanbul; you will be able to get a glimpse into the daily lives of the nearly 20 million people who live there.
- Tea or coffee and a snack
- Professional photography guiding together with best spots for photographing the world known attractions and out of tourist sights.
- This is a photo walking tour conducted for those whose main goal is to make photographs in Istanbul and mostly in streets. Please note that by default this is not a tour in which we visit the known attractions such as Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern or any attraction that requires entrance fee. The reason that I do not included visiting these places is due to the long queues specially in high seasons. Waiting in a queu for 30 minutes in a 4-5 hour photo tour does not make sense and I am sure you agree with me on that. On the other hand; mosques are exception to this since all mosques in Turkey are free to enter and therefore there almost never queu to visit a mosque. If you are willing to book a photo tour which you also want to photograph interiors of places like Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern or else; then please get in touch with me via contact form so we can schedule a photo tour accordingly
- Alcoholic drinks, meals and personal expenses
- Transport costs except public transport.
- Tips & Taxes
Basically, any digital SLR/mirrorless camera and suitable shoes for trekking/walking since we will be usually walking . Of course extra batteries and memory cards for your camera
The language of the photo tour is English.